DocBook XSL Configurator is a Java (Swing) application used to create DocBook XSL FO customization layers.
DocBook XSL Configurator consists of a Java GUI used to create DocBook XSL FO customization layers.
Each table contains a group of DocBook XSL FO parameters. Each cell under the "Setting" column initially contains the default setting for a single DocBook XSL FO parameter. For each parameter you wish to include in your customization layer, you would:
1. Click on the tab whose table contains the parameter you wish to edit.
2. Locate the parameter, scrolling if necessary, and click its checkbox in the first column.
3. Click on the parameter's editable cell under its "Setting" column heading.
4. Edit the parameter setting. If the parameter is actually an attribute set, or if it contains multiple lines, use the little popup editor that appears when you click the cell.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 as necessary.
6. When finished, select Execute > Write XSL File
You may find it convenient to use the application's project-related features. To do so, you must already have a fairly complete DocBook production system in place on your local machine. If you do not have that, check the Requirements section for suggestions.
A project contains information used to help you create a PDF or PS file from a valid DocBook XML file. The information you provide when you create a project is used to run external subprocesses that format and display DocBook XML. Those external subprocesses run the commands you might otherwise run manually in a shell or DOS box. The information you enter as text in the dialog boxes becomes the commands that you later can run from a menu.
You can also format your DocBook XML via the Mr. XML Publisher website at http: //swhitlat.com/XML_Publisher. If you chose to use Mr. XML Publisher, your DocBook XML can be formatted as PDF, HTML/XHTML, HTMLHelp, JavaHelp, Eclispe Help, Man Pages, and Plain Text (with or without customization layers).
· Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5 or later
· DocBook XML DTD package (version 4.4 or later)
· DocBook XSL package (version 1.73-2 or later)
· XSLT processor
· FO processor
· PDF viewer
· PostScript viewer
What's New in This Release:
· DocBook XSL Configurator for FO was updated to support DocBook XSL version 1.74-0.
· DocBook XSL Configurator for HTML with support for DocBook XSL version 1.74-0 was added.
· DocBook XSL Configurator for Manpages with support for DocBook XSL version 1.74-0 was added.