xmonad is a tiling window manager for X.
- Very stable, fast, small and simple.
- Automatic window tiling and management
- First class keyboard support: a mouse is unnecessary
- Full support for tiling windows on multi-head displays
- Full support for floating windows
- XRandR support to rotate, add or remove monitors
- Per-workspace layout algorithms
- Per-screens custom status bars
- Easy, powerful customisation and reconfiguration
- Large extension library
- Extensive documentation and support for hacking
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.8
- A general purpose replacement for "gaps" has been adopted.
- Floating windows pop up on the current screen by default.
- Locale support was added.
- Many extensions were added, including the ability to write your own configuration parsers.