xmonad is a tiling window manager for X.
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in xmonad 0.8:
- A general purpose replacement for "gaps" has been adopted.
- Floating windows pop up on the current screen by default.
- Locale support was added.
- Many extensions were added, including the ability to write your own configuration parsers.
- LICENSE TYPE:
- GPL (GNU General Public License)
- USER RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Don Stewart
- ROOT \ Desktop Environment \ Window Managers
xmonad is a tiling window manager for X. Windows are arranged automatically to tile the screen without gaps or overlap, maximizing screen use. Window manager features are accessible from the keyboard; a mouse is optional. xmonad is extensible in Haskell, allowing for powerful customization. Custom layout algorithms, key bindings, and other extensions may be written by the user in config files. Layouts are applied dynamically, and different layouts may be used on each workspace. Xinerama is fully supported, allowing windows to be tiled on several physical screens.
Last updated on May 15th, 2012