Xlayout is a simple utility for controlling X11 windows and pointer, either from the console or from a remote computer.
It can alter the geometry of a window, the position of the pointer, hide a window or send it to the top, list all windows, and get the current pointer position.
For use in scripts, it has the ability to return a status result ("1" for error, "0" for success). It can also ease windows into location.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release is a major overhaul.
· Updates have been made to refine the commandline arguments to be more intuitive.
· The custom build system has been replaced with automake to support cross-platform compiling.
· xlayout now properly integrates into libease to provide smooth easing motions when the pointer is moved or the window resized or repositioned.
· The large struct used before has been broken down to better represent the data contained inside each section.
· Internal functions have been renamed to be more clearly understood.