MIWM is a minimalist window manager with virtual workspaces.
miwm is the "Microscopic Window Manager". A major goal is to keep it as clean as possible, while making daily use easy. This means getting a small, versatile set of core window management functions. Judge our success for yourself! miwm is written in C++, and incorporating lessons from LWM, AWM, WMX, BlackBox, and UDE. Example code was lifted from AWM, LWM and WMX, but also rather extensively re-written. By standing on the shoulders of giants ...
Here are some key features of "miwm":
· Extremely simple and Zen appearance and function.
· Virtual desktops.
· Optional tiling of windows.
· Efficient. Small footprint in system resources, fast.
cd to the miwm directory, until you see the Makefile and do the following.
make TAGS depend
make install (as root)
This will build the miwm executable and put a copy in /usr/local/bin.
What's New in This Release:
· This update adds persistant application settings, and miwm.config and miwm.usermenu files in ~/.miwm so that users can alter the settings easily at run time w/o recompilation.
· Examples of both are now included, to ease setup.
· Code cleanup throughout, as well as installation of an miwm_framework so that settings from the configuration files and command line arguments are easily accessed in a uniform way throughout the program.