ajaxWM is a window manager in a web browser, a terminal emulator and an SSH proxy. The project allows remote controlling a computer even when there is a firewall and packet analyzer between, blocking everything else than HTTP(S)-connections.
Here are some key features of "ajaxWM":
· Simulates a desktop environment
· The windows of the client are usable like most other terminals in a "normal" window manager
· Three different profilers (profile, cProfile, and hotshot) and two output modes (KCacheGrind and pStats)
· The theme-engine was written with flexibility in mind. You can create themes that draw fancy borders (images) around the windows, display the titlebar below the windows content and much more. Theres almost no limitation!
· ajaxWM uses psyco, which compiles python-code, if it's available
· The server supports limiting the amount of sessions and windows
· Parses the code of the client to reduce its size and enable/disable and remove debuging routines which speeds up transfer time. Responses are gzip-compressed but can also be send uncompressed.
· Psyco (optional)
What's New in This Release:
· This release ignores unknown characters in escape sequences. Compatibility for Python < 2.5 has been fixed.