XFast's goal is to have a slim and fast graphical environment that contains both within the same project: a replacement for the X-server to give access to the graphics hardware and a WindowManager-like layer that offers user interface elements for ap
Target systems for XFast are (not only) embedded systems with low ressources where it is important to have a UI available with short loading times and low memory consumption. It currently runs at Linux, Windows, PSP and others.
Within the XFast windowing system environment GTK and SDL applications are supported, so there is no need to re-write them. To use them special patched GTK and SDL versions are required, the related patch and build scripts are part of the XFast package.
XFast is a fork of the project Xynth. That project contains very good work. But comparing to it XFast aims to
· address more developers to take part at further development and to contribute
· is licensed under the GPL to be more open
· implement features and make modifications that are not possible with Xynth due to its different philosophy of further development
What's New in This Release:
· several bugs fixed
· scripts added for easier theme creation
· touchscreen-optimized theme added
· useles caca video driver removed
· lrmi-code replaced by dynamic link to liblrmi
· conditional makefile code added for MINGW
· copied code removed and replaced by dynamic links to libz, libfreetype, libexpat, libpng; size decreased dramatically by this step
· license changed to GPL