Trinity Desktop Environment project aims to keep the KDE3.5 computing style alive, as well as polish off any rough edges that were present as of KDE 3.5.10. Along the way, new useful features will be added to keep the environment up-to-date.
Toward that end, significant new enhancements have already been made in areas such as display control, network connectivity, user authentication, and much more!
NOTE: This project is not an official continuation of KDE3.5 by KDE e.V., which will not be creating new releases of the KDE3 series. This is an independent fork using a largely separate developer community.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Screen locking improvements
· Placement of connected devices icons
· Reorganizing TDE menu
· Added KControl controls to set default mount options
· Utf8 encoding for webdav directories
· Updated Kate synatax highlighting files
· Improved KMix autostart
· Added default global shortcuts for KMix
· Improved Kaffeine plugin support in Kopete
· Performance improvements for IMAP
· Ark support for Arj
· Ark support for check archives
· Ark Utf8 enconding in filenames
· Large file support in kio-locate
· Improved the screen saver control in KMPlayer
· New keyboard shortcuts in KMPlayer
· KMyMoney? updated
· KTorrent updated
· New localization packages: gwenview-i18n, k3b-i18n, koffice-i18n