Razor-qt is an advanced, fast and easy-to-use desktop environment based on Qt technologies. It has been tailored for users who value simplicity, speed, and an intuitive interface. Unlike most desktop environments, Razor-qt also works fine with weak machines.
While still a new project, Razor-qt already contains the key DE components:
- Application launcher
- Settings center
You can use either all of them or part of them. Razor-qt works with various WMs, most of Razor developers use Openbox. But it's no problem to take any modern WM from fwwm2 to kwin (yes, KDE without Plasma Desktop is possible too).
Razor-qt is a new open-source project and you can help us improve it. We welcome your bug reports and suggestions; you are free to translate all into your own language, create more attractive graphics, anything.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· First day of week will also be detected correctly on systems with Qt older than 4.8.
· Mount plugin received a number of improvements. It will now display volume sizes correctly.
· Razor can now use systemd directly to shutdown/supend/etc.
· Themes were improved to work well with dark Qt color schemes.
· The bug that caused creation of ~/razor and ~/.razor directories. If you have such directories, it's safe to delete them.
· Lots of other minor fixes