Equinox Desktop Environment 2.0
Equinox Desktop Environment is small desktop environment, built to be simple, to have familiar look and feel and to be fast.
Comparing to other desktop environments, EDE is much faster and smaller in memory space (EDE's window manager use less memory than xterm).
The word "equinox" comes from the Latin for "equal night". The equinoxes in March and September are the two occasions each year when the day and the night are of equal duration.
For measuring the length of a day, sunrise is the moment when the sun is half-above the horizon and sunset is the moment when the sun is half-under the horizon. Using this definition, the length of the day (and the night) is precisely 12 hours at an equinox.
- desktop with icons and wallpaper;
- Xft font anti-aliasing;
- taskbar with configurable menu, cpu status, easy keyboard switching;
- Graphical front-end for:
- xscreensaver configuration;
- software installation (.rpm, .deb, .tgz);
- time and time-zone configuration;
- fast file and directory serch utility;
Equinox Desktop Environment
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This major version brings a lot of new goodies, fully powered with a FLTK backend (eFLTK is deprecated).
- Everything has been rewritten from scratch.
- A new library called edelib was added, and special attention was given to interoperability with external application using freedesktop.org specifications.