Open up the app launcher with the Super key
1. Install dependencies:
sudo apt-get install gcc make libx11-dev libxtst-dev
2. Download and extract the tar.gz file.
3. Go to the newly extracted directory called ksuperkey, open a terminal (press F4 in Dolphin), and run:
3. Launch ksuperkey:
or by clicking on its icon. Keep in mind that it will run in the background.
4. Try to press the Super key. If the application launcher does not show up, make sure that its shortcut is set to Alt+F1: right click on the application launcher icon -> Application Launcher Settings -> Keyboard Shortcut.
5. (optionally) Make ksuperkey autostart in System Settings -> Startup and Shutdown -> Autostart -> Add Program... -> Browse button -> select the ksuperkey application.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- XKeycodeToKeysym has been deprecated, use XkbKeycodeToKeysym instead. [upstream]