More generally, it is intended to work with window managers that use the concept of "large desktops" instead of "multiple virtual desktops" as kwin does exclusively.
Technically, it is a matter of respecting window managers standards as defined by EWMH (http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.4.html), using the facilities already provided by KDE.
The code is based on the minipager applet taken from kdebase-3.5.4.
To install the package, follow the generic instructions found in the INSTALL file. Generally, you will want to install it in your KDE directory, using:
./configure --prefix='kde-config --prefix'
You will likely have to use superuser rights to execute the last 'make install'.
(Alternatively, you may choose to install in a different directory, using for example:
For this to work, you will need to tell KDE about the new prefix, by ensuring that KDEDIRS contains it, e.g. 'export KDEDIRS=/opt/kicker-compiz:/usr' and then restart KDE.)
Once it is installed, use the kicker dialog to add a new applet, and the pager will appear in the list.
The code should soon be hosted somewhere in the KDE svn, hopefully to be merged in one of the next releases.
· pager has the good size, displays windows correctly
· current viewport is highlighted
· click to switch to another viewport
· Known buggy or can be improved:
· Window drag&drop doesnt work reliably
· Aspect ratio is not respected when using kicker is vertical
What's New in This Release:
· Viewport numbering is ok
· Handles both vertical and horizontal viewports, for the plane plugin vertical kicker is ok
· Know buggy or can be improved
· Window drag&drop does not work reliably when dragging from a viewport different from the current one
· small graphic glitches (seams) for certain panel sizes, due to rounding errors