Xfce4 Screenshooter is a Xfce plugin that allows you to take screenshots of your desktop. The code is designed to be clean and simple, but improvements, fixes or bug reporting are welcome.
Since version 1.0.0 the plugin is compatible with xfce4-panel >= 4.3-svn, with several improvements. Thanks to Jani Monoses who ported the plugin to the new structure and added new features.
Since version 1.1.0, the plugin also ships an executable to take screenshots without having the panel applet running.
The following command line options are available:
-v, --version Version information
-w, --window Take a screenshot of the active window
-d, --delay Delay in seconds before taking the screenshot
-h, --hide Do not display the save dialog
-s, --save Directory where the screenshot will be saved
-p, --preferences Dialog to set the default save folder
· libxfce4util >= 4.4
· libxfce4panel >= 4.4
· gio (optional)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The cursor was missplaced when taking a screenshot of a window (Bug #5204).
· Add an optional action to host screenshots on ZimageZ, a free online image hosting solution.
· Add an option in the user interface to hide the mouse pointer on screenshots.
· Add an option in the application which allows the user to choose whether the application should be closed after taking a screenshot. This allows the user to take several screenshots in a row.
· New user interface based on Fabrice Viale’s review. The dialog now has a two column layout which makes it more appealing and more usable.
· Add a CLI option to hide the mouse pointer on screenshots.
· When selecting a region to be screenshooted, you can now use the Escape keyboard key to cancel the operation.
· Screenshots can now be saved to remote locations that are connected using gvfs-connect or Gigolo.
· Updated translations for the application and the documentation.