Xfce 4 Mpc Plugin 0.3.0
Xfce 4 Mpc Plugin is a simple client plugin for Music Player Daemon.
Here are some key features of "Xfce 4 Mpc Plugin":
· send Play/Stop/Next/Previous command to MPD.
· uses gtk-theme media icons (at least nuvola, tango and rodent themes provides these icons)
· decrease/increase volume using the mouse wheel.
· show the current volume, status and title as a tooltip when passing the mouse over the plugin.
· show a simple playlist window upon middle-click, permitting to select a track to play
· configurable MPD host/port/password.
· toggles repeat/random features in the right-click menu.
· launch configurable client (gmpc, xterm -e ncmpc,..) through right-click menu
To build it, you have two options :
- against libmpd libraries :
Get'em from your OS' repository/ports, or from source here : http://cms.qballcow.nl
It will be autodetected by pkg-config.
If libmpd is not installed in a standard directory, use --with-libmpd=path_to_libmpd.
- without libmpd, using simple-libmpd :
Since 0.2.0, i implemented a simple interface with mpd, using plain old sockets.
If libmpd is not found, it will be used as a fallback (or if you specify --without-libmpd)
./configure && make && su -c make install should suffice in most cases.
If it crashes, recompile it with --enable-debug=full, add it to the panel, attach gdb to it (gdb -p `pidof xfce4-mpc-plugin` , continue) and report a bug with a complete backtrace.