Xfce 4 Cellmodem Plugin is a monitoring plugin for cellular modems. It reports provider and signal quality for GPRS/UMTS(3G)/HSDPA(3.5G) modem cards. It works with (mostly) all cards which support an out-of-band channel for monitoring purposes.
Here are some key features of "Xfce 4 Cellmodem Plugin":
· Display the current network type (GPRS/UMTS)
· Display the current signal level
· Configure the maximum signal level
· Configure the low and critical signal level
· Asking for PIN if modem needs it
· Quick visual feedback on modem and registration status via LEDs
Some cards/drivers sometimes stop to respond on the control channel. This is a driver issue and not a plugin issue. If you come across this problem please e-mail me so we can find a workaround for it.
Some cards/drivers (happened with me with nozomi driver, Globethrotter 3G/EDGE card) sometimes reply no registration when it is registered. This seems to be related to the card firmware. I will try to find a workaround when it happens again.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for autodetecting known modem devices (PCI/USB)
· Support for HSDPA detection (for modems which support it using _OHCIP)
· Smaller leds - most people use absurdely low resolutions.
· No more error after sending pin.
· Added the Czech translation by Michal Várady. Thanks Michal!