A new software that allows users of XGL to replace a desktop background with a movie or screensaver.
XWinWrap is a small utility written a loooong time ago that allowed you to stick most of the apps to your desktop background. What this meant was you could use an animated screensaver (like glmatrix, electric sheep, etc) or even a movie, and use it as your wallpaper. But only one version of this app was ever released, and it had a few problems, like:
1. Well, sticking didn't work. So if you did a "minimize all" or "go to desktop" kind of thing, your "wallpaper" got minimized as well.
2. The geometry option didn't work, so you could not create, e.g., a small matrix window surrounded by your original wallpaper.
Seeing no-one picking it up, I decided to give it a bit of polish last weekend by fixing the above problems and also add a few features. And here it is, in its new avatar "Shantz XWinWrap".
xwinwrap [-g] [-ni] [-argb] [-fs] [-s] [-st] [-sp] [-a] [-b] [-nf]
[-fl] [-o OPACITY] -- COMMAND ARG1...
-ni no input
-argb argb ?? Alpha, Red, Green, Blue ??
-st skip taskbar
-sp skip pager
-o opacity=# Between 0 and 1
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed "sticky", now it sticks like a true wallpaper to your desktop.
- Fixed "geometry" option. Now you can create smaller windows and draw/position them anywhere on your screen.
- Added non-rectangular shaped windows option. Now, you can create circular or triangular windows with xwinwrap to get that cool effect.