XMLTV is a set of utilities to manage your TV viewing. They work with TV listings stored in the XMLTV format, which is based on XML.
The idea of XMLTV is to separate out the backend (getting the listings) from the frontend (displaying them for the user), and to implement useful operations like picking out your favourite programmes as filters that read and write XML documents.
At present there are backends grabbing TV listings for Canada, the USA, Britain and Ireland, Germany, Austria, Finland, Spain, the Netherlands, Hungary, Denmark, Japan, Sweden, France, Norway, and Romania.
There are filters to sort the listings by date, to remove shows that have already been broadcast, and a couple of programmes to organize your viewing by storing preferences of what shows you watch. There are a couple of backends to produce printed output.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· tv_grab_eu_epgdata: new European grabber (commercial)
· tv_grab_es_miguiatv: new grapper for Spain
· tv_grab_nl,tv_grab_nc,tv_grab_no (use tv_grab_no_gfeed)
· XMLTV.pm: add Programme->Video->Quality attribute
· IMDB.pm: misc fixes
· tv_grab_br_net: adapted for changes on the grabbed website
· tv_grab_eu_epgdata : add "people" and "series id" tags
· tv_grab_es_laguiatv: Fix for site changes
· tv_grab_fi: misc fixes for site changes
· tv_grab_fr: update for site changes
· tv_grab_it: add new data source and speed improvment
· tv_grab_na_dtv: misc fixes
· tv_grab_re: misc fixes
· add title/subtitle processing for consistant programme info,
· add support for timeshifted and part-time channels,
· improve support for non-english characters and bad characters
· And of course bugfixes and polish.