Window Applets 0.2.10
GNOME window applets
GNOME Panel applets substitute the maximized window title and buttons. I've decided to make it because GNOME violates Fitts's Law by putting a panel between the maxed window buttons and the corner of the screen.
The Window Applets package was designed to solve the problem. Window Title and Window Buttons are essentially controls for windows that are placed on the Panel instead of a window. They also provide a clever way to increase vertical screen space. By default they only control maximized windows, but can be configured to control any focused window.
If you find a bug, please report it in the comments section. Also if you voted "bad", please explain why so I may improve the applets.
Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/~tsbarnes/+archive/misc/ Thanks Scott!
Mandriva: ftp://ftp.linux.org.tr/pub/mandriva-tr/2010.1/ Thanks Atilla!
Ubuntu/Debian: build-essential, intltool, libwnck-dev, libpanel-applet2-dev, *autoconf-archive
Installation from source:
3) ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-gconf-schema-file-dir=/usr/share/gconf/schemas
5) sudo make install
6) cd buttons && sudo gconf-schemas --register windowbuttons.schemas && cd ../title && sudo gconf-schemas --register windowtitle.schemas && cd ..
7) Add desired applets to panel.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed makefile docs path to point to /usr/share
- Disabled applet hiding by default (it was causing confusion with new users)
- Minor code cleanups
- WBA: Added option to override button orientation (automatic/default, horizontal and vertical)