WallpaperZapper is a random wallpaper selector for GNOME. It allows you to change periodically your background, randomly picking the new one from GNOME backgrounds lists.
Here are some key features of "WallpaperZapper":
· changes desktop background periodically
· time between two changes is fully configurable
· popup menu provides available wallpapers list. Choosing an item in the menu changes the current wallpaper
· wallpaper list is taken from Gnome backgrounds list. Any change made to this list is detected and WZ adapts itself accordingly
· already available in French and English
· easy to translate using traditional tools like gettext and po files
· written in python
· uses gtk/gnome throught pygtk
· preferences saved and wallpapers configured using gconf
· backgrounds file monitored using gamin (could change to gnomevfs shortly)
· i18n with gettext
· autotools were used to bring it altogether.
What's New in This Release:
· gamin is no longer used to monitor background files.
· GNOMEvfs is used instead.
· The wallpaper popup menu has been modified so it now presents a background together with a thumbnail.
· The wallpaper list is now sorted on wallpaper name.
· The about dialog now inherits from gtk.AboutDialog, so it should be more like GTK.
· An adapter between Wallpapers and GConf was added.
· Usual code cleanups were done, including fixes for typos, removal of comments, and modification of configuration parameters.