Thunar Media Tags Plugin (thunar-media-tags-plugin) adds special features for media files to the Thunar File Manager.
Here are some key features of "Thunar Media Tags Plugin":
· a so-called bulk renamer, which allows users to rename multiple audio files at once, based on their tags (e.g. ID3 or OGG/Vorbis),
· a special media file page for the file properties dialog, which displays detailed information about quality, length etc.,
· and finally, an audio tag editor which is reachable from both, renamer and the properties page.
· Thunar (0.2.3svn-r20526 or above)
· Thunar-VFS (0.2.3svn-r20526 or above), which is either part of your Thunar installation or has to be installed separately (e.g. on Debian/Ubuntu you will need libthunar-vfs-1-dev, on RedHat systems the package should be named thunar-vfs-1-devel or something similar).
· Thunarx (0.2.3svn-r20526 or above), for which the same rules as for Thunar-VFS apply (just that the package is named libthunarx-1-dev or thunarx-1-devel).
· C bindings of TagLib (1.4 or above)
Building and Installing
If you downloaded a source tarball from the download page, you can run
./configure --prefix=$(pkg-config --variable prefix thunarx-1)
in order to configure the plugin. If you fetched the source from SVN, you have to use this command:
./autogen.sh --prefix=$(pkg-config --variable prefix thunarx-1)
After that you should be able to build and install the plugin, using the following commands (remember you have to be root for that!):
make && make install