Sdictionary 1.2.4 / 2.0.0 RC5
A cross-platform dictionary project uses own Sdict dictionary format
Unlike ptkdic or gtkdic no MySQL needed, so you can work with dictionary files directly. Currently it is known to work under Unix, Win32 and Symbian OS.
Here are some key features of "Sdictionary":
· Open Source, .dct format is also open and described in documentation
· Unicode, all words and articles are stored in utf8
· Two index levels: short and full
· Using compression
· Tools to convert from text file to .dct and vice versa
· Simple Web dictionary included into package
· C library framework
· Perl API (Sdict.pm module)
· Simple Jotter and Data applications
· Perl 5.8.x (tested with 5.8.5, ActivePerl 5.8.4 build 810/win32). ActivePerl includes two below modules.
· Module Tk supported unicode (tested with 804.027);
· Module Compress::Zlib in case of using compressed dictionaries
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.0.0 RC5
- Jotter, export to emacs dot org mode added, and other features.
- A Debian package was added.