PythonCard is a GUI construction kit for building cross-platform desktop applications on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, using the Python language.
The PythonCard motto is "Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible."
PythonCard is for you if you want to develop graphical applications quickly and easily with a minimum of effort and coding. Apple's HyperCard is one of our inspirations; simple, yet powerful.
PythonCard works on wxPython. If you are already familiar with wxPython, just think of PythonCard as a simpler way of doing wxPython programs with a whole lot of samples and tools already in place for you to copy and subclass and tools to help you build cross-platform applications.
PythonCard is an open source project and is being developed under the terms of a BSD-style license. This basically means you are free to download and use the executables, source code, web pages or any other item produced by the project and use it as you wish, as long as you acknowledge the source of that item and replicate the license associated with it.
What's New in This Release:
· added minimized and maximized attributes to Background class
· created documentation.py module to hold code previously in widgets.py
· for automatically generating component and background docs
· added getTextExtent and getFullTextExtent methods to BitmapCanvas
· revised internationalResourceName to support platform-specific resources
· added UK US to conversions.py and simplified SOAP.py module check
· updated turtle.py and bitmapcanvas.py component to force update on Mac
· renamed samples.py to samples.pyw
· added work-in-progress version of multiresourceEditor (tools/resourceEditor/multiresourceEditor)
· renamed to layoutEditor
· support customizable window styles in backgroundInfo of resourceEditor
· added convenience wrappers for pop-up menus, multiple check-box dialogs,
· multiple button dialogs (helpful.py and samples/helpfulWrappers)
· added sample for sudoku solver/helper (samples/sudoku)
· replaced StringType with StringTypes to handle Unicode better
· Major update standaloneBuilder, including support for py2exe
· allow for Python2.4 or Python 2.5 on Mac