OpenSubtitles Download is a Nautilus script that allows users to download subtitles provided by http://www.opensubtitles.org
As a nautilus script (right click on one or more video file, then menu "scripts" -> "opensubtitle-download"
As a simple Gnome software (KDE edition available)
- Download the correct package.
- Extract "opensubtitles-download.py" into the nautilus-scripts folder (you can find this folder in '~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts')
- Make it executable :
chmod u+x opensubtitles-download.py
More informations :
Visit the homepage/wiki/forge at http://code.emericdev.com/projects/opensubtitles-dl/
Here are some key features of "OpenSubtitles Download":
· Query subtitles among 56 different languages
· Query subtitles for movies, documentaries, tv shows and more
· Valid video files detection (using mime type and file extension)
· Simultaneous subtitles search (just select more than one file)
· Automatic subtitle download if only one is available
· Easily translatable interface (help us with translations !)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Multiple language search, thanks to Tomáš Hnyk!
· Tunable parameters to customize your experience (please visit the wiki on GitHub)
· Updated error and download messages