A full-featured extensible desktop note-taking application for Unix.
These versions (>=0.1.x) are fully rewritten code of old 3.1.x branch. Old branch isn't mantained now.
python setup.py install --root=/
For package mantainers:
python setup.py install --root=$someBuildRoot
- Creating, viewing, editing, renaming, deleting entries
- Rich text formatting (http://www.wikicreole.org)
- Inline calculations (e.g., use ~7+8~ to get 15. You can use functions and
- constants from Python's math module, for example, sqrt, sin; pi)
- Organizing entries chronologically (creation dates) and semanthically (tags)
- Advanced search (with date:, tag:, title:, year:, month:, day: parameters)
- Saving searches
- Multiple notebooks
- Multi-backend: you can store notebook locally, in DokuWiki, on iPod or in
- Zim's database
- Ability to move/copy entries from one notebook to another
- Synchronizing via e-mail
- Wiki: it's possible to link entries together
- Tabbed interface
- Extensible with plugins
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.4
- Encryption, GTD, Reminder plugin.