A background browser and setter for X
It is written in C++ using the gtkmm toolkit. It can be used in two modes: browser and recall. It is multi-head friendly and can even work in GNOME. Nitrogen has been in development for over 2 years, due to real life and laziness. For more info, check out the features section.
- Multihead and Xinerama aware.
- Recall mode to used via startup script.
- Uses freedesktop.org standard for thumbnails.
- Can set GNOME background.
- Command line set modes for script use.
- Inotify monitoring of browse directory.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- A bug was fixed in Xinerama mode where X resources would be leaked on every set.
- A Finnish translation was added.
- Several small fixes were made pertaining to substrings.
- Improvements were made to GNOME setting mode.