NeroLINUX is a comprehensive, yet flexible application provided you have some prior knowledge of CD/DVD technologies.
- NeroLINUX uses NeroAPI for low-level operations (burn process)
- Autodetection and support for all types of internal CD and DVD recorders supported by NeroAPI 6.6
- Autodetection and support for all types of external CD and DVD recorders connected to the USB port and supported by NeroAPI 6.6
- Kernel optimizations
- Ultra Buffer support
- Supports hot plug for external USB devices, without any application restart
- Stores and reloads compilations in XML format
- Fully compatible with FreeDB, to automatically get disc information over the Internet
- Supports the new 2.6 IDE driver interface (non SCSI emulation)
- Audio encoding and decoding done on-the-fly, using external utilities (mpg123, ogg123)
- Supports 2.4 and 2.6 kernel flavors
- Provided as RPM or Debian package for easy installation
- NeroLINUX is able to burn the following formats:
- Data CDs/DVDs (ISO9660, UDF and UDF/ISO9660 Bridge)
- Bootable CDs/DVDs using the El-Torito standard
- Audio CDs (CD TEXT Infos can be added)
- Mix Mode CDs
- Enhanced CDs (CD EXTRA)
- CD and DVD Images (ISO, NRG and Cue Sheets)
- Ability to burn multisession CD/DVD
- Double Layer DVDs
- Copy CD or DVD as under Windows
- Image Recorder is available
- Digital Audio Extraction for audio tracks
- Supported platforms (32-bit):
- SuSE Linux 8.0
- SuSE Linux 8.1
- SuSE Linux 8.2
- SuSE Linux 9.0
- SuSE Linux 9.1
- SuSE Linux 9.2
- Red Hat Linux 7.2
- Red Hat Linux 7.3
- Red Hat Linux 8.0
- Red Hat Linux 9
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
- Fedora Core 1
- Fedora Core 2
- Fedora Core 3
- Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (with Kernel 2.4 or above)
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- An improved wizard was added.
- Blu-ray support was expanded, with enhanced Blu-ray Disc defect management for higher burning speeds and ISO 9660 file system support for the compilation of Blu-ray data discs.
- Support for Musepack and AIFF audio formats was added.
- Creation of bootable discs was made easier.