MyTime is an open source software to improve time management.
MyTime is conceived as a R&D project with the aim of providing an application to show the use of the applications over periods of time, and investigate on how take advantage of Online DesktopOUT approach to share the information produced by the different environments used by the user.
This project will be a system that provides to users information about their application use, giving the possibility to know when you use an application or what applications you use between two dates, and questions like that. This application will be very useful both company and personal use, because you can check what are you doing while you stay in front of a computer. The system is going to fulfil requirements defined in next section. The system will allow:
* Control applications use in a X serverOUT.
* Extract statistic information about applications use (independently of computer where you are seeing these statistics).
* Store information about applications use on-line.
* Integrate application with Online Desktop.
* Allow to other applications that can store information about their use (events) in this system
In this project we are going to develop a free application based on GNOMEOUT technologies under GPL licenseOUT, that allows to control applications use that one user uses since he access to a session on the system until he closes that session. The system will allow to have information to extract statistics of applications use that are opened and used through a desktop environment.
In the same way, we will develop an application that will be integrated on GNOME Online Desktop, that allows to can see these statistics without dependency of computer that user uses to access to his session, as long as we are talking about a session on GNOME Online Desktop. Online desktop concept allows that when an user starts his session in a computer with Internet connection his configuration, data and installed applications will be the same than his personal computer.
Note: You can request for new features hereOUT, please checkOUT that this feature is not requested yet.
The aims related to project can be divided between application specific aims and general goals related to community which we are going to try to integrate it.
* Provide a tool that allows to extract statistics about applications use inside an environment based on a X Server.
* Provide to users an auto-control tool about applications use in order to get conclusions about time dedication.
* Make easy improvement desktop use efficient by user.
* Provides an useful free application for GNOME users.
* Improve GNOME administrative tools.
* Promote GNOME Online Desktop advance with the goal to integrate desktop environment and web.
* Integrate this project inside GNOME community.
Here are some key features of "MyTime":
Multilayer architecture based on the next components:
· TempusFugitOUT event catcher system.
· GTK+OUT graphical application to manage produced application usage logs.
· Online Desktop support to remotely store information generated in the different user desktops.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· GTK-Doc reference.
· Idle time is caught.