Ktarsyz is a simple service menu for KDE that gives one more archiving feature to what Ark's menu allows under Konqueror.
· create or replace one archive per file or folder selected to each destination of each file or folder with corresponding names
· resolve symbolic links and include contents linked in the created/replaced archive
Be careful, this tool is intend to do batch work: use it with caution.
Ktarsyz is nothing new but was an answer to a lack in what ark can do for me. If you have simpler solution to do the same, then feel free to explain it. If not, and you think it can be useful for you, well, just download and install See also the "Notes" file (in doc/[lang]/ folder) to have a description of the tool and tips about using it.
· GNU tar
· KDE 3.5.x
· Unzip the file to any accessible location.
· Then the package can simply be installed from a console opened in the uncompressed folder location by typing "./setup.sh".
· See also the INSTALL text for more information about installation process (in doc/[lang]/ folder)