Kaption is a KDE app that sits in the systray. Left clicking the icon allows you to capture a screen region, to draw arrows, boxes and text on it. Than you can save the result.
Source install Howto
After unpacking the source code, run:
./kaption (to launch it without installing it)
make install (if you are installing it somewhere else then your home, you must have root permissions).
· KDE Software Compilation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added application shortcut to start a screen capture (default is Meta+Print)
· Added cli option to start Kaption in capture mode (usefull for system shortcut)
· New Open image feature added to Kaption tray icon. Now you can load images into the editor.
New editor features:
· Added new item to draw number inside circles
· Added context menu with move (item) on top/bottom (right click on a drawn item to see it)
New save image behavior:
· Last save location will be remembered
· Possibility to set a default save location: it will save the image there without asking
· Added Greek language (thanks to Dimitrios Glentadakis)
· Code improvements