Hash Checker is an open source and useful tool for verifying your downloads against SHA256 and MD5 hashes.
To use it, right-click somewhere in Nautilus, go to Scripts -> Check hash(es), then browse to the file you want to check, or (to avoid browsing for a file) just right-click on the file you want to check and then go to Scripts -> Check hash(es).
- Added: Finnish language
- Added: Integration into MATE's Caja (right-click > scripts > (nautilus >) hash checker script name)
- Removed: Stupid *~ (backup) files
- Fixed: Detecting if localized version available (sorry folks, it was pretty STUPID bug)
- Fixed: Double results in result dialog box when checking the same file twice (without closing HC first)
- Changed: In uninstall dialog "WARNING!!!" replaced with "Uninstall?"
- Changed: HC's icon a bit improved/smaller in size
- Changed: Result text files changed extension from .txt into .*sum
- Changed: Other minor changes