Gnome Screen Ruler project is a customizable screen ruler for Gnome.
Gnome Screen Ruler is an on-screen ruler for measuring horizontal and vertical distances in any application. Rulers can be moved and resized using the keyboard.
Here are some key features of "Gnome Screen Ruler":
· Horizontal and vertical display
· Multiple units: pixels, inches, centimeters, picas, points, percentage
· Configurable colors and font
· Can be set always-on-top of your application windows
· Can be moved and resized with mouse or keyboard
· Measurement lines track mouse cursor to help measure anything on screen
· It's Free Software released under the GPL
What's New in This Release:
· Rewrite in Ruby (from C).
· Middle-click now rotates around the mouse position, not the upper-left corner.
· Ruler now shows a left-click target for the popup menu while mouse is over the ruler.
· Unit selection (inches, picas, etc.) moved to popup menu (from preferences dialog).
· Keyboard keys 1-6 now change unit.
· Now uses Cairo for rendering (from GDK).