The GlobalMenu Mod modification made all menus available global for GNOME and GTK.
1. Install gnome-globalmenu firstly. See officially page on http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/wiki/Installation
2. Compile plasma-globalmenu (this):
tar xvf plasma-* # Extract
cd plasma* # Enter Dir
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` . # Gen Makefile
sudo make -j4 install # Install
3. Launch command at the KDE login
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed Minimize Problem , when window is minimized , and restored , top menu will automatically hide or restore to applications's ( app like iptux , pidgin )
· Thanks edio for finding this bug !
· Fixed problems with empty top menu like Opera Browser , Firefox , OOO.
· When supported application is switched out , as other unsupported apps turns up , top menu will be restored to "plasma" , yeah !
· Fixed Minimize / Window losing focus problem , menu will be restored ( Newly Fixed )
· Thanks for Thomas for helping me fix this bug !
· Fixed another problem , when a KDE application get focus , and a GTK apps minized to sys tray , menu will be restored to KDE app's.
· Added an ebuild link for plasma-globalmenu-0.21 , by MalleRIM , thanks very much !