GNOME Split is an application that allows you to split files and merge spitted files. It is written in Java and use a GTK+ user interface (thanks to the java-gnome project). The aim is to offer an alternative to the same projects (like Xtremsplit) which can handle multiples file formats.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Full rework of the split/merge assistant.
· Customizable buffer size.
· Fix file handling when there are spaces in the names.
· Handle theming of the toolbar.
· Add an option to show or hide the text in the progress bar.
· Port to GtkApplication.
· Remove dbus-java dependency.
· Update translations (Thank you Launchpad translators).