Enhanced TightVNC Viewer package is a project to add some patches to the long neglected Unix TightVNC Viewer. Enhanced TightVNC Viewer also adds a GUI for Windows and Unix that automatically starts up a STUNNEL SSL tunnel for SSL connections to x11vnc (or any other VNC Server also running an SSL tunnel, such as STUNNEL, at their end), and then launches the TightV The program can also be used set up SSH tunnelled connections instead.
The Viewer SSL support is done via a wrapper script (bin/ssl_tightvncviewer) that starts up the STUNNEL tunnel first and then starts the TightVNC viewer pointed at that tunnel. The bin/ssl_vnc_gui program is a GUI front-end to that script. See this FAQ for more details on SSL tunnelling.
The rfbNewFBSize support allows the enhanced TightVNC Unix viewer to resize when the server does (e.g. "x11vnc -R scale=3/4" remote control command).
Here are some key features of "Enhanced TightVNC Viewer":
· SSL support for connections using the co-bundled stunnel program.
· Automatic SSH connections from the GUI (system ssh is used on Unix; co-bundled plink is used on Windows)
· rfbNewFBSize VNC support on Unix (screen resizing)
· cursor alphablending with x11vnc at 32bpp (-alpha option)
· xgrabserver support for fullscreen mode, for old window managers (-grab option).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version contains minor bugfixes for SSVNC.
· Keyboard grabbing in full screen mode is improved.
· A handshake deadlock bug is fixed with UltraVNC Single Click when -acceptpopupsc is specified.
· A proxy host may now be an IPV6 mapped IPV4 address.