Enhanced TightVNC Viewer 1.0.29
Enhanced TightVNC Viewer package is a project to add some patches to the long neglected Unix TightVNC Viewer.
The Viewer SSL support is done via a wrapper script (bin/ssl_tightvncviewer) that starts up the STUNNEL tunnel first and then starts the TightVNC viewer pointed at that tunnel. The bin/ssl_vnc_gui program is a GUI front-end to that script. See this FAQ for more details on SSL tunnelling.
The rfbNewFBSize support allows the enhanced TightVNC Unix viewer to resize when the server does (e.g. "x11vnc -R scale=3/4" remote control command).
- SSL support for connections using the co-bundled stunnel program.
- Automatic SSH connections from the GUI (system ssh is used on Unix; co-bundled plink is used on Windows)
- rfbNewFBSize VNC support on Unix (screen resizing)
- cursor alphablending with x11vnc at 32bpp (-alpha option)
- xgrabserver support for fullscreen mode, for old window managers (-grab option).
Enhanced TightVNC Viewer
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.0.28
- This version contains minor bugfixes for SSVNC.
- Keyboard grabbing in full screen mode is improved.
- A handshake deadlock bug is fixed with UltraVNC Single Click when -acceptpopupsc is specified.
- A proxy host may now be an IPV6 mapped IPV4 address.