Dave's Stupid Alarm Clock is a simple tool that works more or less like a standard alarm clock. At certain times, it plays music, with the intention of waking me up.
Here are some key features of "Dave s Stupid Alarm Clock":
· Multiple alarms. Each alarm can only go off at one time, but can be scheduled for any day of the week.
· Enable/disable alarms. Each alarm can be turned off. :)
· m3u playlist support
· Uses external programs for music playing, so it always works, or at least can be configured to work.
· Automatic mixer. When it's time for an alarm to go off, dsac will crank every mixer channel to maximum, and then restore the mixer to all of its previous values.
· Small resource usage.
· System tray application.
· Python 2.4 or higher
· Python's ctypes module (standard in Python 2.5)
· The mixer doesn't always restore properly.
· Due to how the timer is started, if the gui takes too long to get started, the timer thread will throw an exception. This is theoretically an easy bug to fix, and will be fixed for the PyQt4 port
· If you have the clock autostart when you login (recommended), the system tray icon will sometimes be created before the system tray itself does, and then never gets reparented. This will also be fixed for the PyQt4 port, because I'll eliminate the ctypes dependency in favor of using Qt's new QSystemTray class.