CursorXP to X11 Mouse Theme Converter is a modified version of sd2xc.pl found online.
* Method 1 (original)
* Extract the tar.gz file to some directory in your PATH (like /usr/bin)
* Extract a *.CurXPTheme (Rename to *.zip if necessary)
* Change to the directory of the extracted theme, where a Scheme.ini file is
* Run: sd2xc-.pl --help (for help, duh)
* Run: sd2xc-.pl --name theme_name --install
* A tar.gz file will be created inside that directory containing the X11 theme
* It will install to your ~/.icons folder if you use --install option.
* Send to grandma. She will love it!
* Method 2 (fancy and new)
* Run: sd2xc-.pl --install /path/to/theme.CurXPTheme
* A tar.gz file will be created inside the current directory containing the X11 theme
* You can still send to grandma if so desired.
* Method 3 (nautilus script)
copy sd2xc-2.4.pl to /home/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/
click rmb on *.CurXPThene and Choose script > sd2xc-2.4.pl and convert!
Important: The name of the file *. CurXPTheme (or the path of the file type folders) should not have spaces
Installing the mouse cursors (if didn't use --install option above):
* Gnome users: Unzip it into /usr/share/icons/, or ~/.icons/ . Then use gnome-appearance-properties to change cursor
* KDE Users: Use "Control Center / Peripherals / Mouse / Cursor Theme" to install the tar.gz file, then re-login
I started using version numbers, as I've found multiple versions floating around online, and it appears all are no longer maintained. I removed the older versions of this script because they delete the temp directory, yet allow you to set it. This sets up bad situations.
Here are some key features of "CursorXP to X11 Mouse Theme Converter":
· Converts CursorXP themes to X11 themes
· Can accept a *.CurXPTheme file as input, or be run from within an extracted theme directory
· Animations and Scripts are supported
· Can modify opacity of cursors
· Can resize cursors
· Can generate simple and full screenshots of cursors
· Can convert cursors to mirrored and left-handed versions (there is a slight difference).
· Can add customized drop shadows
· Can install the theme for you
· Creates a .tar.gz file automatically inside current directory
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added compatibility with KDE4, with the addition of a more complex structure.