AdvancedGnomeMenu is a start menu for GNOME, developed thinking on Netbooks.
It uses only python and gtk so it works even without compiz activated(won't work trasparency of course).
With the tray-icon you can hide-show the menu in every moment.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Configuration interface is now simplified and neater, without sacrificing much configurability. Focus was on saner defaults.
· Menu positioning is now more like a typical menu. The menu now appears relative to where it was launched.
· You can edit GNOME Menu's by right-clicking AGM now. AGM inherits whatever changes you make to the menus.
· The entry widgets on the menu now blend more into the background.
· The menu icon can now be used to display the icon of your current position in the menu tree (Smart top icon)
· Favourite apps will inherit the system icon if you do not supply a custom one.
· AGM is now translatable. Currently available is US and UK English, as well as Italian (we're looking for translators in others languages)
· AGM now has a new and more convenient favourite apps config window.
· As you browse the menu, a new history bar enables you to jump back to any part of the menu tree for your current session
· AGM is now borderless.
· AGM correctly hides when it loses focus.