XP 2002 is a Windows XP Luna-like theme for your GNOME desktop. It uses the Lunacity Metacity theme.
Not complete yet, but very usable... take a look and please vote up, so I'll have the reason to still work on it... really thanks !
You can easily change the background color by typing the command " gnome-appearance-properties " in the terminal.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
- Menubar label and toolbar label corrected now(applications: firefox, openoffice, visualbox.)