Windows Seven Plastic Theme 2.0
A mod of the MidnightBlackPlastic theme for your GNOME desktop
I am unsure of the author of that theme, but credits go to them for their artwork. YOUR GNOME PANEL MUST BE SET TO A HEIGHT OF 38 PIXELS FOR THIS TO WORK CORRECTLY. Anything larger and the panel background repeats itself. Anything smaller and the date and time unstack. For the seven orb, install gnomenu (https://launchpad.net/gnomenu) and the Win7 orb (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Win7+menu+button?content=98048).
Feel free to edit or improve the look if you want. Just do not upload it without letting me know. Thanks!
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
Windows Seven Plastic Theme
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.0
- New Menubar background.
- New dropdown menus.
- Gnome Panel icon background included (for those of us who cannot install dockbar)
- Package available with icons (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Seven+Redo?content=101548)