Tish-Clearlooks-AquaStyle is a soft GTK theme for the GNOME desktop, based on Clearlooks QuickSilver.
Below is a guide to use this themes:
· Un-compress Tish-Clearlooks-AquaStyle and put in your /home/your_userame/.themes/ directory
· Right Click onto the top panel, and chose properties. In Panel Properties, choose advanced tab and select the background image then browse trough Tish-Clearlooks-AquaStyle directory and find panelAtas.png.
· Change your button layout from GConf editor and go to /apps/metacity/general, right click the button layout and edit the value for menu to look like this : close,minimize,maximize:menu
· Replace icon with OSX icons. Get OSX icons from http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/OSX?content=31618
· The other alternative instead of editing looks from the gconf editor, you can uncompress gconf.tar.bz and replace your /usr/share/pixmaps/gconf-editor directory.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment-the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system-entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things "just work".