A melancholic theme for GNOME
At the bottom there is a conky that shows essential informations (like new mails, or weather). In the top-right part of the desktop there are a little conky showing a bar that displays battery charging status, and CoverGloobus.
In second and third desktop there are three conky popup, that popups to show other informations.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added two new Metacity themes with a redish close button (one with title text displayed, the other without the text)
- Updated the README pdf file
- Corrected another bug in conky calendar python script