Another brown theme for your GNOME desktop
1) I tried to create a dark theme for bright LCDs. The result was "Jet", found on this site. A requested modification led me to this nice brown color and i wanted to do something with it.
2) The Robotorch superactiontheme led me to the Clearlooks engine, which is nice, badly documented and easy to modify - as far as i can say.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Cleaned up the XML.
- Fixed a combo box issue.
- Firefox is slightly misbehaving by ignoring the prelight and focus settings (as always in regards to Clearlooks).
- OOo on the other hand works remarkedly well.