Strom GTK is a GTK theme that uses the Aurora engine, Equinox and Murrine.
Fast and goodlooking. Thanks to Aurora engine everything works quickly. Theme is simple so there shouldn`t be any bugs.
- Panel background (like in screenshot) is included (in gtk folder).
- It`s using older version of Equinox engine.
- It`s GPL so feel free to use - it`s really easy to change it into something completely different.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.