Strom AE Theme is another Elementary theme for GNOME desktops.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
Here are some key features of "Strom AE Theme":
· Two versions - for regular users and for global-menu users
· It runs mostly on Aurora engine so it`s super-fast :-)
· I have used some of DanRabbit`s graphic and code so credits for it goes to him (marvelous desktop artist in my opinion)
· It`s designed to run with nautilus-elementary and breadcrumbs so i don`t know how it will work with regular nautilus.
· Toolbar separators are invisible, so you can customize your toolbar in every way you like!!
· It`s darker than regular Elementary theme, and looks a bit more macish.
· Looks best with elementary-monochrome icon theme.
· It`s GPL.
· Murrine GTK+ engine
· Aurora Gtk Engine
· Equinox GTK Engine