SteelDust 0.3 Mod 04
A very nice dark theme for your GNOME desktop
I recolored the controls and titlebar to make them look blue/grey ish and also threw in a few more stuff: my CCSM profile, the HumanAzul2 Icon theme, and a couple of fonts ( Segoe ) to make the general look and feel nicer.
Anyhow, here is my font setup:
Application font > Segoe > 9
Document font > Century Schoolbook Roman L > 9
Desktop font > Segoe Semibold > 8.5
Window title font > Segoe Semibold > 9
Fixed width font > Monospace > 8
>>'Best Contrast' selected. (Subpixel smoothing works well also, but it makes all the other fonts look a bit wonky. You can fine tune all this stuff by clicking the 'Details...' button, but all of that stuff is mostly just personal preference or just what looks best. )
You need the 'lzma' package in the Ubuntu repos to extract the .lzma file download. If you find that you can't extract it, pop open a terminal and type:
sudo apt-get install lzma
then try again.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Quick 'n dirty Firefox 3 theme added. (!)
- Hopefully some of the themes impurities like ǝɥʇ sƃuıuɹɐʍ ʇɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ slɐuıɯɹǝʇ ʇıds ʇno puɐ the colors of inactive window borders will be fixed by Mod 05.
- Fixed the babbling terminal issues
- Added a new screenshot/repackaged