Sisyphast is a GTK theme for those of us who work daily with Linux and stare at their screens for hours without end. A GTK theme needs to be simple, clean and viewable in many differnt lighting-situations.
This is where Sisyphast comes in: It is built upon FlatBSM (Clearlooks), uses Murrine for progressbars and sliders and Aurora for scrollbars. It is quite fast and clearly structured.
Sisyphast is not for everybody. It brings nothing new that you did not already see in other themes. What it does is combine clean and simple interface-elements which are fully colorable.
Per default, Sisyphast comes with Human colors for Ubuntu and would be happy to be accompanied by Humanity icons.
I am using OpenOffice, Thunderbird and Skype with Sisyphast without any major glitches. If you find a program that has interface-bugs, please let me know. Your feedback is appreciated!
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added description etc. into sourcecode
· Changed roundness and contrast of sliders
· Changed highlight of progressbars
· Added Links to Humanity theme + icons to description