Shiftie GTK and Emerald 2008.05.01
Pixmap and Mist theme for GNOME
How to install?
(CTRL+H to view hidden folders in your filemanager.)
1. Put the emerald theme in /home/username/.emerald/themes/
Open the emerald theme manager and select Shiftie from the list.
2. Put the Shiftie folder in /home/username/.themes/
Open the settings for Appearance and select Customize. Select Shiftie in the widgets list.
3. To use the star-here.png (shift logo) icon you\'ll need to put it in your current icon theme\'s folder and backup+remove any icons that are named start-here.svg/png. Your icon theme should be located in /home/username/.icons/.
If you\'re using an OS default icon theme you\'ll need to open the gconf-editor and select to use a custom application icon in the applications-menu.
After all this - Terminal > killall gnome-panel to refresh the panels.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
Shiftie GTK and Emerald
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed bug in tray where some icons moved 1 pixel up or down.
- Minor fix to the Metacity theme.
- Changed preview image.