Oxygen Blend 0.4.0
Oxygen-like theme for your GNOME desktop
GTK - Oxygen Blend
Metacity - Oxygen Blend
Icons - Oxy Simple (a modified version of the Simple icon theme by wipeout140)
Mouse Cursor - Chameleon Perl Regular
Plastic Blend GTK and Metacity
kde4.2-oxygen (modified) GTK
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added effects for tabbing through the buttons to designate the active button.
- Removed hover effects for the buttons and combo boxes as I felt that they were a little too bright for the theme.
- Reworked some text that was previously white and made it black for better readability
- Known BUG: The panel background does not scale well beyond 24 pixels.