NewSlickness Round 0.5
A black, white and grey theme for GTK and Metacity
The NewSlickness metacity theme was created by Ian MacGregor
1. Right-click the theme archive and choose "Extract Here".
2. Copy the resulting NewSlickness-round folder to one of the following:
a. For your use only: $HOME/.themes
b. For system-wide use: /usr/share/themes
3. Open the theme manager and choose the NewSlickness theme.
In the theme folder you will find a file named userChrome.css Copy this file to $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/chrome and restart Firefox. This should fix the Firefox menubar colors.
I have included two tiles to use as desktop wallpaper:
To set the desktop background, perform the following:
1. Right-click an empty spot on the desktop
2. Choose "Change Desktop Background"
3. Click the "Add" button in the Background tab
4. Browse and select one of the above files and add it
5. In the "Style" drop-down menu box choose "Tiled"
The panel looks best at 29 to 31 pixels high.
The gnome-carbonite theme (from GNOME-colors by perfectska04) blends very well with the NewSlickness Round theme. GNOME-colors can be found at http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/GNOME-colors?content=82562
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Changed focused titlebar buttons, added secondary backward stepper, changed selected menubar button, changed menu item prelight