Murrina Redmond is a GTK theme that tries to imitate the Windows 95/98/2000 look.
* The colour scheme is not entirely faithful to the original. If you want to try it out (and see why I changed it) look for the two values you need to change in line 6 of the gtkrc.
* The metacity in the picture is 2000 Look which can be found at http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/2000+Look?content=40341
* The background is #008282
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
- Made the selection background conform to the tango palette for a more gnomeish look.
- Includes a modification of Look 2000 metacity decoration that uses the tango palette.
- Adjusted the value of the background. It's now identical to 2000/Me.
- Corrected the colour of tooltips.
- Made insensitive text darker for better visibility.
- Fixed inconsistency with unselected radio/check in menu.
- Fixed combobox bug I introduced with 1.01.
- Enlarged size of sliders by 1px (closer to original, but still sideways).
- Slight alternation (by 0.05!) in the prelight and active value, to match scrollbars
- Fixed nautilus location bug