Glass Theme (Windows Vista Inspired) 3.01
Windows Vista Theme (MidnightBlackPlastic Revisited) for GNOME
Unpack the theme into /home/your_username/.themes (if you don't have it, just create it (press CTRL+h to show .name files))
I fixed the original unchangeble-color setting so you are now able to change them.
If you experience problems of visualization of the theme just change the background colors (text, background, selection) in System>Preferences>Appereance>Colors.
For a correct visualization of the theme you MUST have this theme installed to work: http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Ubuntulooks+Engine?content=43255
It's possible that in Jaunty the theme won't be recognized the first time, so you have to customize it from:
to set it to it's default settings:
First tab: MidnightBlackPlastic
Second tab: colors you wish, remeber that the first row has to be "white, white, color you wish".
Third tab: MidnightBlackPlastic
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme's archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.
Glass Theme (Windows Vista Inspired)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Removed the blueish panel under the upper window border.
- Now buttons and scrolls are Aero Glass Like.
- Inverted "Pression" and "Prelight" Button and Scroll Stages. (This makes the buttons/scrolls more animated)
- Text colors fixed.